12 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
- My entire childhood and teenage life I was only known as ‘Carly’ – Still to this day my family and life long friends call me by ‘Carly’, yet within the last eleven years of my professional career I’ve been known as my birth name ‘Carlotta’. My Grandfather named me, and I’m so happy that he did because I look up to him so much. During my first tour on Disney On Ice I was of course called by my name ‘Carly’, yet another skater named ‘Karley’ was joining the tour late and my line captains insisted that we only call me by my birth name, ‘Carlotta’. I was devastated at first, however I’ve gained fun nicknames such as ‘Little-Lotta, Car-Little, Little Carly, Lotta’.
2. I love chocolate – This love for chocolate actually needs to end. I feel like every time I eat a piece of chocolate a new pimple decides to pop up on my face! But it’s SO GOOD! I love trying all different types of chocolate. My favourite only comes once a year: Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses. I may not have a full obsession like some people in the world, but I definitely crave it once a day.
3. I hate flying – For a world traveler I’ve come to hate flying. I have flown miles and miles around this globe for the last eleven years, and within the last two years I’ve gained a sort of fear towards the idea of getting in a plane full of people I don’t know. I’m fine when I have a travel buddy, but solo traveling has started to make me quiver.
4. I stand at 4 feet + 10 inches – Yes you probably already know that I am very short, but I stand 4’10 to be exact! 🙂
5. When I was 13 I moved out – At the end of grade 8 I packed my precious belongings and moved to Prince George, British Columbia where I lived with my skating coach.
6. From age 13 to 17 I lived with 4 different families – I lived with my skating coach + her husband Dan, Bob + Dianne, Ronni + Eric, Anita + Allan, and then at age 17 and a half I joined Disney On Ice and lived on the road.
7. I have a gratitude journal – I write in my journal every night before I go to bed. I write the events of the day and end it with 3 or 4 things that I am grateful for.
8. My family and I live in Port Edward, BC where we do not have any other blood relatives – My Dads side of the family daily reside in Ontario and BC, and my Moms side of the family is spread out through BC and the Philippines. This makes for very small family get togethers when I’m home since it’s just the four of us! 🙂
9. I’ve never owned my own car – To this day I still do not own a vehicle. I haven’t had use to buy one while I’ve been away on the road or living on a ship. When I’m home I drive my parents truck or take the bus.
10. I love giraffes – I feel like I love giraffes because I am short. They are a stunning creature and stand tall with pride and beauty. While we performed in Johannesburg, South Africa I had the chance to feed two giraffes at the same time! Their tongues are so long! I was so happy. Also, over the years Alex has bought me giraffe toys, he even had one gifted to me right before he proposed. This particular giraffe is with me wherever I go.
11. I’ve never seen ‘The Matrix’, ‘Avatar’, or ‘The God Father’ – My husband is a film fanatic and I’m pretty sure he looks down upon me for not viewing these movies. One day…
12. I don’t know how many countries I’ve visited – I was recently gifted a ‘Scratch Map’ in which you scratch off the countries you’ve visited. Well I’ve been clearing off a few countries a day but I still haven’t figured out how many… maybe 60? I’m not done traveling yet so I’ll find out when I think I’m done! 🙂
Thank you for reading my blog post! The photos above were taken at Lifou, Loyalty Island. To book a cruise to Lifou click here. Also my cute bathing suit in from Cotton On & Company. To check out their latest bathing suit click here.
Please don’t hesitate to comment, share, or ‘Pin’ my photos. I’ll be doing a travel vlog on Lifou in the near future, stay tuned for my new Youtube Channel to kick off! 🙂
Lots of love, Lotta xo