Joys of January
The first month of 2018 has brought many joys. Here are a few things that I feel proud of and feel happy to share.
- I started the year alongside my wonderful friend Nikki. Herself and her boyfriend Greg cruised with us and we rung in the New Year together. I can’t wait to see them again in March when we stop in Melbourne!
- Our first date of the year was gold class tickets to see “The Greatest Showman” – honestly the best and most inspiring film I have ever seen
- Alex and I discover this AMAZING breakfast cafe in Sydney. You have got to try it! The Kansas City Shuffle. Order the PANCAKE! It will change your life!
- I’ve become more interested in my blog, more engaged, and more motivated! I may even change my domain as I feel that it’s time to grow. I was always so worried that it wasn’t good enough, but I always remind myself that if I keep to it, it will slowly grow and become known. This month I’m determined to show it off more!
- Sadly we only performed 12 shows this entire month. I say that this is sad because I’m here to skate. My career may be at an end in the near future (it’s almost time for babies!), and all I feel like doing with my time that I have left on the ice is to utilize it and not wait until the next show day, which most of the time feels like years until we perform again! (Okay, that didn’t sound very joyful, however I mention it as skating brings me joy and the 12 shows we performed were the best moments!) 🙂
- On our last Sydney of January Alex and I spent the day walking around the Royal Botanic Garden. It was a peaceful day together, and one where we took lots of photos and enjoyed the moments. We really love Sydney!
- I write in my journal EVERY DAY! Honestly, I write the events of the day (big or small) and three things I’m grateful for. It’s become the best routine for me right before I go to bed.
- I haven’t had one drop of alcohol since the evening of January 3rd. I was never a heavy drinker, yet I found myself enjoying too much wine during this contract and that one must cut down for the betterment of mind, body, and soul. I am going to continue and see how far I can go without a glass of wine and such.
Okay, so that’s only eight points that I can think of right now, but if I remember more bits I will add them for February’s recap post!
Thanks again for stopping by! 🙂
Also, the photos within this blog are from The Iriki Resort in Port Vila, Vanuatu. Alex and I finally had a long day at the resort where we got to explore and really enjoy ourselves. We spent the day swimming in the pools, “droning”, taking lots of pictures, and just laughing and having fun! The one thing I love most about our relationship is that we share adventure. In adventure there is thrill, and in thrill there is joy, and in joy there is laughter. I love laughing with my husband, it’s the best kind of love.
Lots of love, Lotta xo
To book a stay at The Iriki Resort click here.
Find a cruise that stops to Port Vila here.